Thursday 29 January 2015

Gaming on a Laptop

Whenever I go on a forum or talk to certain snobby gaming types they always stick their nose up at the idea of gaming on a laptop.  I don't get it.

First of all let me explain a little about my situation.  Since 2010 I've been in a bit of a weird state where I've been constantly moving around between not only homes but countries.  Even when I finally reached Japan, a place I knew I'd be staying for a long time, I was never really sure of how long I'd be living in one apartment for.  As a result of all of this, for the last 5 years I've been gaming on a Laptop almost exclusively.

This is why I don't understand why there are so many people who are uptight about the idea of gaming on a laptop.  Someone in a forum says something like "I need a gaming laptop" and the responses are all "lol gaming laptop, fuck off" and the poor dudes questions never get answered.  While it's not exactly an ideal platform to be doing any hardcore PC gaming on, it gets the job done.

If you're travelling a lot and you don't want to lunk around a big fat desktop all the time then a laptop is a pretty good idea.  I've never bought a dedicated "gaming laptop" like Alienware or any of that ripoff bullshit but if you can find a system with a decent graphics thingy in it then your pretty much set from there.  I've had no problem playing any current releases on my laptop and I do all my streaming stuff with pretty much no problem. 

Hell, even my new laptop, which kind of sucks plays most new releases with not much problem.  Unless you're the kind of person who wants to play Battlefield on it's highest settings then a laptop isn't actually all that bad.

Of course, a desktop is a much better way to go but if your unsure of how often you're going to move or you lack space or some shit then a laptop is just fine.  I'm now at the point where I'm looking for a desktop but I'll always have a need for a laptop for both gaming and work reasons.

So there's no need to be so fucking snobby about people gaming on a laptop.   It gets the job done and we all know that if they could they would buy a desktop instead, no need to be such a massive dick.

No comments:

Post a Comment