Tuesday 10 June 2014

R.I.P Rick Mayall

Very recently, British comedian Rick Mayall died at the age of 56 and it's bloody sad.

Rick Mayall was probably most recognised for his work on a British comedy TV show called The Young Ones that was originally aired back in 1982.  Due to the shows popularity it continued to be aired after production had stopped in 1984 and as a result I have many a fond memory of watching the show with my family.  It's a great show and I suggest anyone that hasn't seen it to go look it up and I promise you that you will not be disappointed

So the real question here is, why am I writing about a dead British comedian on a gaming blog?  Well if you owned a PS1 around the year 2000 then you may have played this little gem.

The game was basically Worms but with Pigs and it was fun as hell.  The game featured a bunch of funny voice clips from Rick Mayall and after watching The Young Ones that alone was enough to get me to buy the game when it came out (and by that I mean beg my parents for it)

So, let's lighten the mood of this sad event by looking back and enjoying some of the stuff he did once again.  If you don't like watching British comedy for some reason, then at least you can still get your Rick fix through Hogs of War.

If you don't like either of those things then fuck off to Google and find something that he did that might interest you because he was a fucking funny man.

No comments:

Post a Comment