Sunday 29 June 2014

Project Zero Movie Hype!

Wow, what the fuck is going on, first Ao Oni and now this!

So if you remember a few days ago I made a post about how I was excited for a movie adaptation of Japanese cult hit indie game Ao Oni.  Well now it's happened again but this time with something a little more mainstream. 

For those that don't know, Project Zero is a long running survival horror series which is also known as Fatal Frame in the US.  The game revolves around walking around creepy places and dealing with ghosts but not in the Ghostbusters way.  Your only method of defence against the evil apparitions that want you dead is a camera and the closer your attacker gets to you then the more damage you do.  It's an interesting mechanic in a genre where you usually want the enemies to be as far away as humanly possible.

To top it all off, the games tend to have pretty interesting plots, solid level design and great sound design so it's right up there with all the best horror games like Silent Hill and old school Resident Evil.

So today I discovered this

This is the trailer for the upcoming movie adaptation.  I'm a little more sceptical about this one since there's a lot you could do wrong with a series like this but I really like Project Zero so I'm going to get hype for it! 

I'll cover this and Ao Oni on here as I see them so watch this space!

No comments:

Post a Comment