Sunday 8 June 2014

Finding it hard to care about E3 2014

What the fuck happened here?  I remember a few years ago I used to get super excited for E3.  I remember during my second year of uni, my buddy coming to my place and we spent a couple days just gaming, drinking and watching the conferences and it was great.  But now I hear people talking about E3 stuff and I end up scrolling past in with zero fucks given.

It's not that E3 is not worth paying attention to, but I think all the next-gen bullshit has really soured me to the industry a bit and I can't really envision anything happening that's going to get me excited.  Last year with the run up to next-gen and all the news about the new systems all we got was stuff on social networking, sports and TV.  Sony tried to bring some light by talking about how it's not going to fuck over consumers with used games and whatnot but generally speaking E3 2013 and everything since then has been a load of shit. 

Next-gen is still mostly bollocks that isn't worth investing in right now and the constant money grubbing from various publishers and developers seems to be getting worse rather than better.  On top of that, games journalism is at an all time low with it being filled of mainly inept twats who are more interested in either having their pockets lined by publisher funds or pushing social agendas so I expect most of the coverage for the show to be a load of shit too.

Now before anyone flies off the handle and gets all upset, I'm not saying this is how it is, I'm only giving my opinion on what I think it's GOING to be like.  It's hard to care right now but I will absolutely watch all the major conferences and follow the announcements and news as it comes out but I'm just not expecting it to blow my mind.

This is a shame because the whole purpose of E3 was to blow our minds and get us excited for whats to come but instead all I can think of is "what's going to fuck us over next?"

I want to be wrong on this, I really REALLY do.  I want E3 2014 to swoop in, smack me in the face and deliver some awesomeness that's going to have me jumping up and down and screaming at my wife about all the cool new shit I'm going to waste my salary on in the next few months. 

I just don't see it happening though

No comments:

Post a Comment