Wednesday 25 June 2014

Ao Oni Movie Hype

A long time ago I did a play through of a game called Ao Oni, if you want to watch it then here it is

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL6Wc5_JYKZyOx-38Vl3COajVBaEsofrsy

If you can't work out what Ao Oni is from those videos, it's an Japanese indie horror/adventure game made in RPG maker.  It has garnered quite a lot of popularity on the internet and as a result there has been lots of media released around this one little freeware game.

Last time I was in a book store I remember seeing that there had been an Ao Oni novelisation.

I've yet to read it or even buy it so I'm not sure if it's a book version of the game or a follow up or what but it looks interesting enough. 

So the next big piece of Ao Oni media to hit the scene is the movie, the poster is pictured above but I'll throw in the trailer just for good measure.

Usually, movie versions of games suck total balls but I really don't see how you can fuck up an Ao Oni movie.  All you have to have is a bunch of people running around a house looking for clues while the movie builds up tension for Oni attacks.  I'm actually pretty excited.

The only problem is I have to do a Japanese exam AND it's my wives birthday so it's going to be a while before I actually find some time to go to a cinema and see it but I'm absolutely NOT going to miss this one.



 

No comments:

Post a Comment