Monday 19 May 2014

Google to buy Twitch?

Right, this has to be one of the strangest things I've ever tried to find information on.  Some websites are talking like it's already happened, some are talking like it's about to happen, some are saying it'll probably happen but no one wants to comment, the whole thing is a fucking mess.  Bad journalism right there.  As a result of all this confusion, I won't be posting any links to the stories, but you can search it for yourself and get the lo-down

Word on the grapevine right now is that Google are looking to buy Twitch for something like a billion dollars.  Now I'm sure there's lots of discussion about how this could be a good thing or a bad thing or whatever, but none of that matters really because I doubt there are many people that actually want this deal to happen.

Ever since Google took over YouTube and has forced all it's fucking stupid Google+ shit down our throats that literally NOBODY fucking wants it's become a massive pain in the ass to use.  Nothing is ever simple now and every "update" just makes things fucking worse.  Twitch on the other hand is very simple.  You click a game, you click a channel and BOOM you're watching a stream.  My fear is that if Google get it's grubby little mitts on a service like Twitch then it's going to turn into a stressful mess of a shitty website.

Let's not mention how much of a pain in the butt YouTube is being with the whole copyright shit since Google decided to implement this automated flagging thing or whatever the fuck.  It's not so pertinent to me because I don't make money off my stream but I imagine there are going to be quite a few streamers getting fucked in the ass if this all turns out to be true.

From a user point of view, nothing good could come from this and I really hope it's all a great big hoax or misunderstanding or whatever.  Only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment