Tuesday 1 October 2013

The Best Karaoke Game is Karaoke

So late last night I got to Japan and made my way to the place I'm staying.  Of course, nothing goes the way its supposed to and my suitcase got stuck in Hong Kong airport so here I am, sat in a Japanese apartment with nothing more than my portable systems, my computer and the clothes on my back.

So of course, the most logical thing I could do to kill time while I wait for all my things to arrive was go and kill time in the local karaoke place.  Now there are lots of Karaoke games on the market, stuff like Singstar and whatnot but now that the karaoke machines in Japan have added a game mode type thing, the definitive karaoke game is to just to go to karaoke itself.

So it works exactly like Singstar or Rock Band or any other game that has had a singing thing built into it.  A bar sweeps across the screen and passes little blocks and as you sing the blocks light up if you do it wrong, or they don't light up and another bar appears to tell you how wrong you are.

At the end of the song the machine gives you points out of 100 and gives you a load of stats about how good are you are at things like vibrato and other singing stuff.

On top of all that, it ranks you across everyone else in the country so you can compare your singing skills with everyone else in Japan, which is fun if your the competitive type.

The best part is that there isn't any of this buying of song pack crap.  You just pay for the booth which is cheap as hell in this country and you can sing for ages and probably get free drinks while you do it.  Of course, if you don't want your singing to be graded, you can just turn off the feature and enjoying singing with your crap voice.

So put down all that singstar crap, hop on a plane to Japan and get the best karaoke experience imaginable.

No comments:

Post a Comment