Tuesday 27 August 2013

Cookie Clicker

There comes a point every so often where I look at some of the things I do in my free time and just think "why?"

Cookie Clicker is a free web browser "game" that I discovered through a forum.  In Cookie Clicker you click a big cookie on the left hand side of the screen in order to earn cookies.  Once you have earned enough cookies, you can buy upgrades that will earn cookies for you even when you are not clicking.  After some more clicking you can buy upgrades for those upgrades so the rate at which you gain cookies goes even faster.  There is no goal, there is no end, just click the fucking cookies until your cookies per second is sky high.

When I first heard about this game I thought "that's fucking stupid", but after actually trying it out, I'm sad to say that I'm hooked.  I kind of have to question what's wrong with myself because when you really think about it I'm not actually doing anything except clicking an upgrade on the side bar every so often yet I get a great sense of satisfaction when I buy a new thing or get that upgrade I've been waiting for.

I'm now at the point where I'm generating so many cookies per second that I'll just leave it building in the background while I play other games and when I'm done I buy a few upgrades.  I don't know why I do this or why I enjoy it so much, but I do.  What's worse is that everyone that I have linked it to has become strangely hooked to it, I guess we are all just easily entertained by increasing numbers.

So if you need something to stare at while you have downtime at work or you just want to veg out and mindlessly click things for a while, Cookie Clicker is the place to go.

Check it out here
http://orteil.dashnet.org/cookieclicker/

No comments:

Post a Comment