Wednesday 19 June 2013

Piss off Gamestop

I hear a lot of bad things about Gamestop, but after doing a bit of shopping in my local Stockholm branch, I'm not seeing any of the terrible service stories that I hear so much about online, that must be an American thing.

There is one thing that really pisses me off though and that is the stupid little extras they try and offer you when you purchase a game.  Yesterday I found that they were having a sale, so I was picking up a cheap game and as I'm paying the person says "Do you want to protect it for a little extra?"

Not only was I not told how much extra it would be, but I don't even know what the fuck that means.  What can they possibly do to my game to "protect" it?  Do they mean there are going to give me some kind of insurance so that if I fuck it all up I can replace it? 

I've been gaming since I was 4 years old and NEVER have I personally fucked up a disc to the point where it wont work.  I don't know anyone who would treat their games so badly that they disc would stop working and I don't think anyone on earth in their right mind would do that, so this game "protection" thing just seems like a massive fucking con.

I fucking hate retail, the amount of trouble and bullshit I've had with shops like GAME and Gamestation in the UK makes me seriously hope that the company goes under.  Since Gamestop is also into conning people I think they should piss off too.  Digital downloads or online shopping is the best way to go, you don't get pricks offering you useless bullshit or acting unprofessionally. 

Maybe I'll share some GAME horror stories one day...

No comments:

Post a Comment