Saturday 22 June 2013

I think it's time Call of Duty just stopped

This was something I was supposed to talk about a long time ago but I got side tracked.

So Call of Duty: Ghosts got quite a bit of flak from people with taste after E3.  They made a big deal about this stupid dog and how you will connect with it on an emotional level or some such nonsense and then proceeded to show absolutely no game play at the major press conferences, at least none that I remember.

Then during E3 I found a game play clip that pretty much sealed the fact I'm never going to buy this game, and I'll show it to you.


Are people actually serious about this goddamn game?  There are so many problems with that trailer it boggles my mind.  How does a dog do that? How does one dog freak out a room full of trained soldiers to the point where the break the bloody door down and allow themselves to be shot in the back of the head. 

The people who think these kind of scenes are cool are either idiots or just underage.  It's been the same with pretty much every Call of Duty where all the set pieces are just either designed to shock the user or to imitate popular action flims.

I personally got sick of CoD a long long time ago, but this bit of footage really shows just how stupid the series has got.  It's probably still a ton of fun to play for the people who like these games, and I bet the multiplayer is a blast but I'm not going anywhere near this game upon release.

No comments:

Post a Comment