Wednesday 22 May 2013

The Shit Thickens

I'm sorry, I should not be doing three posts on the same fucking topic, but this shit, THIS FUCKING SHIT, is getting stupid.

Before I left for work today I made a post about how stupid the whole used games fee thing was.  Well disregarding that for a moment, one thing people were happy to hear was that the Xbox One did not require a constant internet connection to function.

Well, for you people with not so great internet who were happy about this, Microsoft have given you the middle finger because while it doesn't need a constant internet connection, it needs to connect at least once every 24 hours or you are locked out of you're fucking games.

Here is the gizmodo article I was linked
http://www.gizmodo.co.uk/2013/05/xbox-one-will-work-offline-for-a-day-at-a-time/

Oh my god, it's like Microsoft are just asking people to hate them.

So you may be thinking "who in this day and age doesn't have a constant internet connection?" right? Well it's a lot more than you might think.  There are also a great deal of people with really shaky connections as well, way more than you would expect.

But let's make this personal for a second, how does this affect me?  Well I travel a lot, and constantly moving in and out of new places in new bits of the world means that I don't always have access to the internet right away. 

When I moved to Japan in May of last year, I didn't have an internet connection for about 2 or 3 weeks.  So if I was an Xbox One user, that would be 2 or 3 weeks that I couldn't play my games because the damn thing couldn't call its mum for 5 seconds.

That.  Is some fucking bullshit!  If I shell out top price for a fucking video game, or no fuck that, if I shell out any money at all for a fucking video game, I expect to be able to play the fucking thing.  Why am I not allowed access to games that I fucking paid for just because my I don't have the internet for a while?!  Why is Microsoft staffed almost entirely by complete fucking MORONS?! 

Even Steam doesn't pull this shit and people moan about that all the fucking time.  But at least then if I install a single player game I can fucking play it when I take my laptop to places with no connection.

Fuck you Microsoft, I hope your shitty TV box crashes and burns and the people who made these decisions get forever imprisoned at the bottom of the fucking ocean.

No comments:

Post a Comment