Friday 31 May 2013

It Hurts To Be In Europe

The title makes my mindset about being out of Japan way worse than it actually is, I think Sweden is great, but what I saw today hurt my soul a little bit.

While I was out and about with my family we came across a game arcade so I thought I'd take a look around and see what games they had.  While I was pleasantly surprised with the collection that they had, the condition of some of the machines upset me a little bit.

The above picture shows two different light gun games with the peripherals just casually thrown on the floor.  It's shit like this that makes the damn things stop working properly and any attempt to play the machines after that just feels like a massive waste of money.

I didn't get a picture but at the entrance there was a light gun game where player 2's gun had been ripped out!

Shit like this is part of the reason why arcades are so dead in the west.  In Japan, people treat the machines with respect 99% of the time so everything works perfectly all the time.  If something does go wonky there are always staff on hand to fix it or call a guy to fix it, but in basically every western country broken machines aren't really a big deal.

People fucking with machines isn't the only reason arcades are dead but it's a big factor.  I don't see why it's so hard for these people who go to arcades around Europe to just not go around breaking things, fucking twats. 

No comments:

Post a Comment