Wednesday 23 January 2013

The McDonalds 60 second seems a bit dodgy...

Sometimes I enjoy a bit of fast food.  Despite knowing it's quite possibly the most unhealthy thing I could possibly ingest, it tastes good and it's quick and easy.  When I went to visit my buddy in Kawagoe a few weeks back, I noticed this thing had started, where if your order doesn't arrive to you within 60 seconds, you get a coupon for a free burger or coffee or something.

Well, I've already heard horror stories about this shit causing problems, see this link for that info

http://kotaku.com/5973663/a-gallery-of-hamburger-horrors/gallery/1

but I've not had this problem.  But today I noticed something when I was grabbing a burger to kill time before work.  I'm pretty sure that the staff in McDonald's are starting to purposely go over the 60 second limit, to give you a free coupon in the hopes of getting you back in to order something else on top of your free shit, thus making more money.

Today I saw a woman order a coffee, and nothing else.  Pretty much as soon as the timer ticked out, it arrived, and it's not like this McDonald's was particularly busy.  Maybe when they realised that they are fucking up orders, they changed it to try and make people come back for a second run with that coupon.

I've either hit the nail on the head or I'm just a nut writing about burgers on a gaming blog while under the influence of yet ANOTHER fucking cold.  Still, fast food is good sometimes since you can reduce the amount of time spent not playing games, so it all sort of makes sense in my head.

Also I'm pretty sure McDonald's offers downloadable quests for Dragon Quest 7, which is pretty fuckin' good.

1 comment:

  1. Every incentive is designed to entice the customer to spend more money so no you are not a nut, just sensibly and impressively cynical for someone so young. I am proud of you.

    ReplyDelete