Thursday 10 January 2013

Pokemon might just need to stop

Pokemon is a hugely popular series.  There are toys, games, TV shows, movies, all sorts of shit to be sold so that someone, somewhere can get rich and fat.  This is fine but I think we've finally hit a point where the games should really just stop.

Pokemon X and Y is the upcoming Pokemon title for the 3DS and marks the first time the game gets rid of the overhead 2D camera for a proper 3D game.  From what I have seen of the screen shots on a quick google image search, it looks like something that could have easily been done on the regular DS, so why the fuck did it take so long?

But that graphics aren't what people care about, it's the new Pokemon right?  But the problem there is that every Pokemon made after the whole Gold/Silver games have just been a bit shit really.  One monster that sticks out in my mind is something called Gurdurr

Anyway look at this fucking thing, its literally just a clown with a girder, talk about phoning it in.  I've heard that the total number of Pokemon has reached something insanely high like 700 or something, so no wonder it' has all started to go a bit shitty.

But what made me laugh the most was the name of these games, X and Y, really?  They have used up all their creative talent so now they are naming their games like Microsoft Excel spreadsheet cells.  I've had people tell me "oh, it's supposed to me chromosomes!" or some bullshit, but this is a load of crap and you KNOW it is.  Think about Pokemon, there has pretty much ALWAYS been a 3rd game with changes from the initial two (e.g. Yellow, Platinum or whatever).  So when Pokemon Z comes out you can stuff that chromosome shit up your arse, Pokemon isn't, and never will be that clever.

Still, despite my ranting I'm sure the Pokemon fans will eat that shit up, and it's fine, I don't have a problem with people enjoying Pokemon, it's just not for me.

(If you asked me I could probably name about 10 different monster breeding games better than Pokemon, go look up Shin Megami Tensei if you want a REAL monster breeding experience)

1 comment:

  1. Birds don't have XY chromosomes, they have a ZW sex-determination system, however you are right there are too many pokemanz now

    ReplyDelete