Tuesday 15 January 2013

Dead Island: Are You Serious?

Two posts in one day isn't usually my thing, I'm too lazy for that, but this just took the biscuit.

What you are looking at in the above image is the Dead Island Special Edition package, which comes with a model of a bikini-clad dead woman's fucking torso.  I mean seriously, what the fuck is wrong with the people who produced this, and is there seriously people who look at that and go "yeah, I want THAT on my desk"?

You know, I'm not getting on this things case because I'm offended or anything like that, it takes way more than a dead woman's torso to offend me, but this is just stupid.  I mean, what do you usually think of when you get cool models in special editions?  A character, a monster, an iconic item from the game or SOMETHING like that.  I mean hell, if you wanted to go for sex appeal you could have had a sexy bikini woman smashing a zombies face in or something, but you went for THIS?!

With this, not only are you loading the gun of every anti-game person on the face of the earth right now, but in the future, when there's another bit of gaming controversy, people are going to point to shit like this to "prove" the fact that people who play video games are "disturbed" or some shit.  Plus if people see shit like this, and then you tell them later that you enjoy a bit of video games now and again, they are going to feel something negative towards you because THIS is the kind of shit you're associated with, and it doesn't matter if you even like Dead Island or not.

There is drumming up controversy for publicity, and then there is just retardation, guess which this one is?

No comments:

Post a Comment