Thursday 13 December 2012

I am very sweaty

So I just got home from my first experience in a Japanese spa, and goddamn did I turn into the sweatiest motherfucker on the face of the earth.  I know this isn't games but I just got a shit ton of new ones and I've not played enough of them to comment.

Anyway, the place in the picture is a spa near my apartment called Fun.  Usually I wouldn't ever bother going to a place like this, but with today being my birthday and whatnot the trip to here was paid in full, so it was a good excuse to try it out.

Anyway the first thing I did was try something called a "Herb Tent", which in the real world means "Satan's toilet".  Basically, you sit on a thing which blows really fuckin' hot steam up your ass and you get to smell some nice smelling shit while you do it.  The way I describe it doesn't sound too great but it was actually really relaxing.

Following that, we used the room pictured above.  It's basically a bunch of stone beds that you lie on for 15 minutes and this causes you to sweat all the shit out of your body.  You do this a couple of times and you end up feeling really good, the whole thing is similar to how I described an Onsen a while ago.

So yeah, I have myself a shiny new Vita so I'm only doing a short post so I can go and try out some of the new games I got for it.  If, like me, you thought spas were a load of shite, then go try it at least once.  I don't know just how beneficial to ones health the whole thing really is, but it feels fuckin' good anyway so give it a shot.

1 comment:

  1. You get sauna boats here. See them from the balcony. People sweat it out inside the boat and then jump into the lake. Finland is sauna capital of the Western world though. Every home has one. But the contrast of heat and cold could give you a heart attack. Better in japan without the cold shower!

    ReplyDelete