Friday 2 November 2012

Gunslinger Stratos

Well, in a couple of hours I'm hopping on a night bus so I can spend my Saturday in Tokyo Disneyland, but before I start being driven round the country, I thought I'd let everyone know about an extremely interesting arcade game I saw the other day.

What you are looking at here is a game called Gunslinger Stratos.  Judging from the shape of the cabinet, you are probably thinking this is some kind of rail shooter, right? WRONG!

I've not played it yet, there seems to be a lot to have to figure out with this bad boy, but from what I can tell, Gunslinger Stratos is a Light-Gun Arena PVP game.  Sounds fucking nuts right?  How the hell do you have something that looks like the free PC game Gunz, but then operate with a lightgun?  Well it's easy, the lightguns have sticks in them with which you control the character, and then you point at where you want to shoot.

The other thing I noticed about this game, is that your character seems to be fully customisable, but having not played it yet I'm not sure about just how true that is, but no two people in the game centre that day had identical characters.

The action in this game is fucking crazy, once I have a whirl on it I'll try and get some footage but I saw people flipping and wall running and doing all sorts of crazy air dashing nonsense and good lord it looked fun.

I'll try to get some footage over the next couple of weeks, so keep an eye out!


5 comments:

  1. Makes me wanna play gunz again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know what, I think i'm going to dl it. I could do basic k-styling back in the day. Couldn't yet block while doing it, but o well
    .

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just watched a youtube vid of it. So many boners

    ReplyDelete
  4. I found this presentation very informative.

    http://youtu.be/Q2e9-vNz_tg

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looking forward to the Tokyo blog

    ReplyDelete