Wednesday 14 November 2012

Borderlands Cartoon!?

So if you've been paying attention to the Now Playing bar on the blog, you may have noticed I've been playing Borderlands recently.  While I was digging around the internet I came across a certain video.

This video is called Codehunters and was released in 2006 and if you watch the full thing all the way through it has a striking resemblance to Borderlands.  Now I'm not sure the full story behind this and Borderlands, but it's safe to say that the artists took quite a few "inspirations" from this little animated short.  Hell, the bus intro and the ass shot are basically unchanged from Codehunters.

What makes this whole thing even more perplexing to me, is that I discovered that Borderlands has a completely different look and feel while it was in development.

Still, rip-off or not, I'm glad they went with the Codehunters art style in the end, we don't need any more "realistic" looking shooters nowadays anyway.



No comments:

Post a Comment