Thursday 15 November 2012

Annoyed by Silent Hill: Revelation

Goddamnit, I've not even seen this movie and just watching the trailer makes me angry.  Before anyone asks why I haven't seen this movie yet, well, 1. It's not out in Japan yet, and 2. I don't want to give them money for this monstrosity.

What I'm about to write isn't so much a movie review, just a few reasons why this film really pisses me off.  So, obviously it's supposed to be based on the third game in the series, this was common knowledge before the film came out, but, it ALSO follows the first movie.  You know what this means? It means it can't possibly follow the third game, because the first movie had basically nothing to do with the Silent Hill games bar cameos from the monsters and the whole changing world thing (and they even fucked that up)

OK, this article is going to have a spoiler for Silent Hill 3 in it, so if you haven't played it by now, stop reading.

So, in Silent Hill 3, the thing that gets Heather (the main character) to the town is that Claudia (The main antagonist) kills her dad.  Well in this fucking movie, Claudia appears to be absent and her dad gets fucking kidnapped.  Why is he being kidnapped?  Harry Mason wasn't even mentioned in the first movie.  I get why they didn't like him in the third game, since he ruined their shit in the first game, but he's just kind of popped up in this film.

But I'm sure the film comes up with a bunch of shitty reasons for it's shitty plot, but there is something worse that REALLY gets to me.

This is Vincent, what seems to be Heathers boyfriend or some shit.  But wait, Vincent wasn't like that in the game was he?

That's because he didn't even come CLOSE to being Heathers boyfriend, mainly because he was one of the fucking antagonists, but on top that, he was one of the most interesting characters in the whole damn story, and his entire role has been reduced to THAT?! Fuck....

Also why is Pyramid Head still in this damn thing?  He's a monster specific to James Sunderland, please stop putting him in places he doesn't belong (i.e. Anything other than SH2)

I want to see this movie so I can have a good proper rant about the damn thing, but I don't want to give them money for this crap.  Maybe when it pops up in a used DVD store I'll pick it up but until then, I'm just going to get mad at the trailer.



No comments:

Post a Comment