Monday 15 October 2012

Time To Acknowledge Greatness

Right! OK! We need to put our controllers down and take a moment here to talk about an incredible human feat that went down last night.  Now I'm not even going to pretend to know the full fuckin' story here, but I'll rattle off what I do know for those that may not, and can't be arsed to google it.

So, Red Bull, they had this project called Red Bull Stratos, where a guy called Felix Baumgartner decided he'd do an absolutely massive free fall from about 39,000~ feet in the air.  Now I'm not even going to pretend to understand the technical shit behind something like this, but I'll tell you, watching it live was fucking INTENSE.

Just watching this guy step out of that pod made my heart jump into my mouth, and watching him fall out of the sky was one of the most "edge of your seat" experiences I've ever fucking had.  Hell, at one point it looked like he was spinning, which apparently is really bad, and that sheer feeling of dread you got as there is that feint chance the whole thing might end in disaster is something else.

So, stop whatever you are doing, or whatever you planned to do, go to youtube and type in "Red Bull Stratos" and prepare to watch one of the most incredible things you will ever see another person do.



1 comment: