Saturday 13 October 2012

Japanese Barber Shop

Well I just got home from the barbers place in the local mall, and while getting my haircut doesn't exactly seem like something worth blogging about, holy shit was it the most futuristic looking, efficient thing I've ever seen.

Unfortunately I didn't have my camera with me, so the stock image of barber shop signs is the best you're gonna get. 

First I need to clarify what barbers around my area in the UK were like.  It was basically one small room, with one or two seats for customers and the entire staff would be made up of one man with a pair of scissors and a razor.

This place however, was fuckin' nuts. First thing you see when you get inside is this big machine where you shove 1000 Yen in it and get a ticket.  Then you wait a while, while one of 4 efficient as fuck barbers finish with their current customer, then when it's your turn, you tell them what you want and they pull that shit off in about 10 mins or less.

On top of that, while you're sat there, you are facing a screen that is displaying the news for the day, so you have something to read while they go about their business.  I really wish I had a picture because the whole thing looked futuristic as all hell.  Plus they have vaccum cleaners built into the walls for efficient hair cleanup after each customer.

Japan is generally really good for hair care to be honest, with the more expensive salons giving out free shoulder massages after a cut.  So if you need a new do, Japan is the place to do it.

1 comment:

  1. LOL. Making an appointment at Toni and Guy in Sakae

    ReplyDelete