Wednesday 10 October 2012

Animal rights folk reach all new stupidity levels

I'm not really what you would call a fan of the Pokemon series.  I played Red/Blue and Gold/Silver back on the original Game Boy systems, but after that I pretty much gave up once I discovered better games similar to pokemon like Jade Coccoon or the Shin Megami Tensei series.

But one day, I was surfing the internet and came across this thing, a little flash game created by PETA and quite possibly one of the most retarded things I have ever seen.

First of all, there is in NO WAY Pokemon promotes animal abuse like PETA seems to claim.  I mean first of all they are mere pixels on your Game Boy screen, and second, the game makes a big fucking deal of caring for your pokemon above all else, so all that "learning about dominance" stuff in the opening text is bullshit.

Second, doesn't PETA have something to do OTHER than make shitty flash games for the internet?   I mean I'm no vegetarian but I think Gordon Ramsey proved in his show The F Word that a happy animal is a tasty animal (something to do with a pig he raised, I don't remember), so shouldn't they be trying to work against animal cruelty so I can have a tasty steak instead of a shitty depressed cow steak?

This game is stupid and PETA is quite possibly one of the worst organisations I have the displeasure of knowing about, would it not be possible to have a animal rights group who aren't stupid/crazy?  I'm not going to link the game here because I don't want to give their website traffic, and I suggest you take my word for this game being shit and just not play it, but if you are that curious about it, a simple google search will sort you out.

2 comments:

  1. I love how in the game you can win only using Group Hug and Protest. You have to resort to violence to progress. Great lesson there, PETA!

    ReplyDelete