Sunday 16 September 2012

Yakiniku

So I just returned from my epic weekend of Japan stuff, but I am in no condition to post anything gaming related or get footage for videos, so instead, I'll tell you about why I'm in no condition to do so.

Basically, in Japan they have these things called Yakiniku and Shabu Shabu.  Yakiniku is kind of like a barbecue thing, where you have a grill in the middle of your table, and you order raw meat and cook it yourself.  Shabu Shabu is a similar sort of thing but you have a bowl of water and you boil the meat in there rather than grill it.

The other thing they have in Japan is something called "Tabehoudai" which basically means all you can eat.  You pay for about 90 minutes where you are just free to order however much food you can possibly shove down your face and then once your time is up you fuck off.

Now I was fine to return home and start filming gaming videos until I stopped at a place called Manpuku.  This place is everything I just described in the above paragraphs, but all rolled into one.  So if you look at the photo, it's shabu shabu in the bottom section and yakiniku grilling at the top.  On top of that there's fried food, sushi, salads all sorts of shit available, and you are free to grab however much you can possibly handle.

So, as with any visit to an all you can eat meat place, I ate my own weight in dead animal and now my stomach feels like it's going to explode and I'm not in the best condition to produce commentary for videos when I know all it will be is me farting and burping out the remains of a cattle farm.

So there's a quick overview of all you can eat restaurants in Japan, and why my content is delayed by one more day!  Luckily, I have tomorrow off work, so I'll have plenty of time to be recording and stuff!

3 comments: