Tuesday 4 September 2012

Three Dirty Dwarves (and more technical issues)

Well I WAS hoping to have a play through of this game to show you, but the technical bullshit behind this recording stuff is driving me insane.

The way I'm recording this stuff is by using an emulator because I don't have any way to lift footage off a console here in Japan, all my stuff for that kind of thing is in Sweden.   However, the software I am using to record the game play (FFSplit) makes the emulator look like complete ass and the whole thing is unwatchable.

So while I'm working on the issue, take a gander at the opening cinematic so you can get a feel for the game's story while I'm ironing out more problems.  The sad thing is that this 5 minute cartoon for this games opening is way better than most of the crap kids cartoons put out on TV today.  What a sad age we live in.

Thanks to whoever uploaded this video, getting any information on this game is actually turning out to be quite hard!

UPDATE:  Pretty much 10 minutes after making this post, I fixed the problem, the resolution is a little on the low side but the quality is alrite and the frame rate is good!  To be honest, considering I don't own a desktop due to travelling about so much, I'm glad I could get it to look the way it does.

I would record the play through now, but in my video testing sessions I'm playing like a man who has just had his thumbs cut off.  It's been a long day at work and I don't think I could do a good job of playing the game OR making the commentary interesting, so I'll do it in the morning when I'm nice and fresh!

That said I have a day off work and lots of time to make content, so maybe I'll do a little bonus something depending on how I feel to make up for lost time

No comments:

Post a Comment