Saturday 1 September 2012

The Sega Saturn Bios!

Well this post is coming a little bit late for me.  I wanted to post this about 3 or 4 hours ago, but I was getting the run around from a phone company and got very delayed as well as very angry...more on that tomorrow, but for now, let's talk Saturn!

Since I've had quite a busy Saturday I've not really had much time to play any actual fucking games, so what I thought I'd talk about today is the BIOS screen that you get when you fire up the console with no disc in it.

This is a weird topic to blog about I know, but the Sega Saturn has one of the coolest, most bad ass BIOS screens of any console I've ever seen.  I'll post a video showing the screen but the whole thing is on this space backdrop with these cool looking controls and when I was a kid, this shit was amazing to see.  I had no idea what most of the buttons did at the time but I was flying through space and that was fucking cool!  Also if you put a music CD inside the Saturn then the 2 cubes on either side of your control panel would pulsate and change colour.

No console that I have played (which is most of 'em, I think) has had a BIOS screen this fucking awesome.  It may not seem like all that much now, but when I was a wee lad I loved fiddling with this damn thing!

Have a video!




No comments:

Post a Comment