Tuesday 25 September 2012

Pokemon Sna.....Higashiyama Zoo

Today I did something very unusual, I didn't play a game all goddamn day and instead I hopped on a train and went to go see some animals.  Before today, I don't think I had been to a Zoo since I was a child, and by the awful joke in the title of this post, you can guess what I was comparing the whole experience to.

But the whole thing was a good laugh, got to see a lot of interesting stuff and the park itself was huge.  For 500 yen you get to explore not only the zoo, but a massive botanical garden that's attached to it, but we didn't really have time for that today so we just focused on the zoo part of things.

They had a good amount of animals but when I got home and started to reflect on the day, I realised that there were no monkeys, which was a little surprising, but then again the first thing you see after you get into the park is a fucking rhino, so I guess that makes up for it.

There isn't really much else to say about a zoo, I mean it's a fucking zoo.  I will say one thing though, and that's taking pictures of animals can be a real pain in the goddamn hole sometimes.  I think I spent the best part of about 15 minutes waiting for a goddamn bear to come out from behind a bush so I could take a snap, uncooperative little shit.

So yeah, if you're in Nagoya, or you get a chance to visit Nagoya, Higashiyama Zoo is pretty good.  If you're not in Japan, why don't you go hit up your nearest zoo just for the shits and giggles, it's pretty fun.

Here are some pictures of some of the animals!






That's only a small selection of the pics, but you get the idea.  It would take way too long to upload all of them, and would take up way to much space, but before you get upset, I do have some videos too!  So here you go!



So yeah, if you want ALL of the pictures, leave a comment or send a mail or something, I'll do something about that.  But for now, enjoy the stuff

1 comment:

  1. Photos please and put it on the "to do" list.

    ReplyDelete