Sunday 2 September 2012

Now That's Some Bullshit #7: Three Phone Network

The Three phone network is a piece of shit and I'm about to tell you why!

Seriously, fuck this company right in the ear, I have never seen a big company like this conduct business this poorly, it's fucking atrocious!

So the story is, that after moving to Japan, I kept my English phone going for a few months just in case of emergency, so that I could contact people if something went terribly wrong.  Now, everything is well and truly sorted and I have so many other methods of communication that I don't need the extra phone now, so I thought I'd cancel the contract in order to stop monthly payments leaving my bank account.

Never in a million fucking years did I think that this process of making them stop my phone contract would be this fucking hard.  First I rang up their cancellation team, I had to go through all their verification stuff and then I got to talk to someone.  This guy said that it would be cheaper to cancel the contract in March of next year and that I should do it then.  So I hung up, and did some mental arithmetic and realised that I was straight up being lied to.

So I rung them again, had to do all the same verification shit again, and got through to another guy.  This guy said he was doing the whole process of cancelling the account and then tells me to hold then line, and after 4 or 5 minutes of holding, the prick just hangs up me!

Ever so slightly miffed off at this, I ring AGAIN, do the verification AGAIN, and get through to some other prick, who tells me that "he's trying to sort it out" and makes me hold the line for 50 fucking goddamn minutes.  It's a good job I was calling through Skype because if I had done this whole thing from my phone, it would have cost me a fortune in international calls!

Now extremely pissed off, I call again and midway through the call on skype, I get a call on my English phone from a guy at 3.  He tells me he'll cancel the contract, but not before asking me all sort of bullshit questions that were none of his business such as "why are you cancelling" and "are you coming back to the UK" etc.  On top of all this, he was constantly trying to convince me not to cancel the damn thing and stay with Three, at which point I flew into a bit of a rage and told him that once he cancels my account, I'm boycotting his damn company.

Yeah, it may have been pointless to say it but I was mad, I wasn't thinking properly.   But what he then started to do, was tell me that "because I'm not happy with the solution I will have to wait 48 hours for a call from the head office"  This made me even more angry and the next 20 minutes of this international call on my fucking phone was spent just trying to make him do his goddamn job.

EVENTUALLY it got done, but that was the biggest ball ache I've ever had to deal with in my life.  So you know what, DON'T USE THREE! EVER!  They will fuck you over and laugh at you while they do it!  It may sound stupid and unrealistic but I would love nothing more than to see this shitty company burn to the ground, bunch of ass holes!

what a load of bullshit....

No comments:

Post a Comment