Saturday 23 June 2012

A Gamers Dilemma: The Eternal Backlog

OK, well since last nights post was a little bit on the crap side, I thought I'd shoot for doing 2 today.  This post I want to talk about something that I've been struggling with basically since I gained a second video game console, and that's the backlog.

I think if you own a PC and a gaming system at least, chances are you have some kind of backlog.  For the luckier gaming enthusiasts, your gaming backlog may be around 2 or 3 games, maybe 5 at a stretch.  However, I'm not what you would call one of those lucky gaming enthusiasts.

Usually what I do, is I'll be playing through a game, usually quite a long one, and during that time I'll be buying basically every daily steam deal, scouring GoG for cheap stuff and picking up obscure JRPGs and the like that I'm convinced will disappear from existence if I don't buy it RIGHT GODDAMN NOW!

So the situation that this has left me in is that I have a HUGE gaming backlog, some games I bought on release day about 2 years ago and STILL haven't touched.  What makes this even worse is that I have now moved to Japan and most of my gaming stuff is back with the family as I'm not about to take all my consoles and all my games on a plane with me.  So the only thing I really have access to now, is my PC and a PS3(not including bits of my old collection which I can emulate) which I recently bought and I know that when I do go home, I'm going to be buying all the stuff for Xbox and Wii that I couldn't buy when I was here, and new systems if they are released by then.

What makes matters even worse is the fact that I'm spending a great deal of time in Japanese arcades, playing coin-op shit rather than slogging through my ever growing backlog, so I'm doomed to an eternal backlog of games that I'll be trying to get through until I either quit gaming as a hobby or die.

For those who are lazy and don't want to read the above post: So many games, so little time


1 comment:

  1. You'll never get through your perpetually increasing backlog of games. So you might as well just give up and send them all to me so I can play them for you :P

    ReplyDelete